Living In a patriarchal society, we tend to be in an active space of DOING. Working to prove our worth in the anti-racism space. Working to prove we are a good/bad person. Working to prove we are "WOKE." All at the expense of our social/ emotional and mental health.
A phenomenological study on the causes of burnout among racial justice pointed out 4 distinct causes for racial justice burnout :
1. emotional-dispositional causes,
2. structural causes,
4. in-movement causes.
This Is For You If You Are:
- Feel burned out from actively engaging in Anti-Racism Work
- Putting yourself LAST to be a voice for BBIAPIPoC
- Ready to Center Black women in conversations on Race Power & Privilege
- Learn how to continue educating yourself, become a resource to other white people and find ways to integrate anti-racism work into your daily life
- Q& A with a wider audience